← chp16 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A tetphine
- a it is the perforated at the center by a circular aperture. allows for transmission of light.
- b wall eyes
- c is placed on the cornea and is used to make the corneal cut around cut around the cornea and into the anterior chamber
- d Balanced Salt solution, a sterile, physically balanced irrigating fluid, is the irrigant most frequently employed.
- e anesthesia may be necessary for some procedures to block both sensory and motor sensations, and this type of anesthesia is accomplished by injecting the area around the optic nerve with lidocaine or bupivacine.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- form the orbit of the eye
- named for its various colors; rainbow
- are a condition affecting the eye, not a disease.
- is the anterior window to the eye.
- is indicated for excision of an eye due to malignant neoplasm, penetrating wounds, or if the eye has been so extensively damaged that no vision can be regained in some cases, evisceration rather than enucleation may be performed, allowing retention of the shrunken remnants of the eye.
5 True/False Questions
Fragmatome → Ultrasonic instrument with aspiration;used to remove a cloudy lens, which obstetrics the view of the retina.
Dacrocytitis → are a condition affecting the eye, not a disease.
Lensectomy → is the removal of a section of the iris (either surgically or by laser) to relieve the pressure buildup that occurs in individuals with glaucoma.
Glaucoma → eyeball
rods → Balanced Salt solution, a sterile, physically balanced irrigating fluid, is the irrigant most frequently employed.