5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- International Date Line
- a An arc that for the most part follows 180 degrees longitude.
- b The name given to a portion of Earth's surface.
- c Generally, the relationship between the portion of Earth being studied and the Earth as a whole.
- d A computer system that stores, organizes, analyzes, and displays geographic data.
- e The science of making maps.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The time in that time zone ecompassing the prime Meridian.
- Used to indicate the location of meridians drawn on a globe to measure distance east and west of prime meridian.
- The aquisition of data about Earth's surface from a satellite.
- An arc drawn on a map between the North and South poles.
- The physical gap or interval between two objects.
5 True/False Questions
Region → A square normally 1 mile on a side.
Land Ordinance of 1785 → Law that divided much of the US into a system of townships.
Location → The position of anything on Earth's surface.
Base Line → An east-west line designated under the Land Ordinance of 1785 to facilitate the surveying and numbering of townships in the US.
Parallel → A specific point on earth distinguished by a particular character.