5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Chinese leader after Mao's death (1976).
- An alliance between the Soviet Union and other Eastern European nations. This was in response to the NATO
- Mao Zedong's Communist reform to change social, political, and economical ways in China
- constructed by the German democratic republic, that completely cut off West Berlin from surrounding East Germany and from East Berlin
- A program established by the Chinese government in 1979 to slow population growth in China (one child in city, two children in country).
4 True/False Questions
Tianamen Square → Site in Beijing where Chinese students and workers gathered to demand greater political openness in 1989. The demonstration was crushed by Chinese military with a massacre
Totalitarianism → a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
Great Leap Forward → Economic policy of Mao Zedong introduced in 1958; proposed industrialization of small-scale projects integrated into peasant communes; led to economic disaster; ended in 1960.
Mao Zedong (Mao Tse-tung) → Chinese communist leader who won over China in 1949 (after WWII) and setup the People's Republic of China, a Communist government. He was supported by China's peasant population.