← ch13 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- czechoslovakia and Finland
- Black Shirts
- Federal Reserve
- a Combat squads that supported Mussolini, broke up socialist rallies, smashed leftists presses and attacked farmer's cooperatives.
- b did not develp dictators in eatern europe
- c "Night of Broken Glass" where Nazi-led mobs attacked Jewish communities all over Germany, Austria, and portions of Czechoslovakia.
- d The ban on alcohol in the United States.
- e The central banking system of the United States.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Fascist youth groups toughened children and taught them militaristic discipline. The kids learned about the glory of Rome and participated in marches and chants honoring Italy and Mussolini.
- Hitler's secret police.
- Illicit bars where alcohol could be purchased illegally during Prohibition.
- The severe, world wide economic crisis in the 30's.
- Pushed out of paying jobs and encouraged to bear many children.
5 True/False Questions
Russification → The process of forcing Russian culture on all ethnic groups in the Soviet Union. Stalin put Russians in the high ranking positions of non-Russian SSRs and required that Russian be the language used in school and business.
Comintern → Communist international, founded by Lenin to spread revolution throughout the world.
Weimar Republic → The Third German Empire, established by Adolf Hitler.
March on Rome → Line of defense built by France to protect against German invasion after WWI.
Jazz Age → A system of brutal labor camps in the Soviet Union.