5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a (n) 1 : a person who shares in one's activities, occupation, etc.; companion, associate, or friend. 2 : a member of the Communist party or someone with strongly leftist views.
- b 1 (int. v) : to come to a definite or earnest decision about. 2 (tr. v) : to come to a determination; make up one's mind.
- c (n) 1 : holiness, saintliness, or godliness. 2 : a sacred thing.
- d 1 (tr. v) : to abstain from an impulse to say or do something. 2 (int. v) : to curb.
- e (n) : a sphere or globe.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (n) 1 : saliva flowing from the mouth, or mucus from the nose. 2 : childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking; nonsense; twaddle.
- (adj) 1 : shameless or impudent. 2 : made of brass
- (n) 1 : a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based 2 : a form of reasoning in which one thing is inferred to be similar to another thing in a certain respect, on the basis of the known similarity between the things in other respects.
- (adj) 1 : pertaining to the sky or visible heaven. 2 : pertaining to the spiritual or invisible heaven; heavenly; divine.
- (int. v) 1 : to speak or shout derisively; scoff or gibe rudely. 2 (tr. v) : to shout derisively at; taunt.
5 True/False Questions
panoplies → (n) 1 : a complete suit of armor. 2 : full ceremonial attire or paraphernalia; special dress and equipment.
martyr → (n) : a sphere or globe.
braggart → (adj) 1 : shameless or impudent. 2 : made of brass
exodus → (n) : a going out; a departure or emigration, usually of a large number of people
kowtow → (n) 1 : a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion. 2 : a person who seeks sympathy or attention by feigning or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.