6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Irregular forces which use guerrilla tactics when operating in enemy-occupied territory. During the Holocaust, partisans operated secretly in their efforts to assist Jews and others persecuted by the Nazis. They eventually killed Mussolini.
- The President of the United States during the Depression and WWII. He instituted the New Deal. Served from 1933 to 1945, he was the only president in U.S. history to be elected to four terms
- A field marshal in the German army's Afrika Korps who specialized in tank warfare. Rommel came to be known by both friends and enemies as the "Desert Fox" for his brilliant strategies and surprise attacks in Germany's North Africa campaign.
- American commander in Pacific campaign of World War II; headed American occupation government of Japan after the war; later commanded international forces during Korean War.
- Southern Pro-Nazi French; govern themselves as loyal to Nazis; traitors to the Free French in Northern France
- Japanese city in which the first atomic bomb was dropped (August 6, 1945). The bombing hastened the end of World War II
6 True/False Questions
Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere → Japan offered to liberate Southeast-Asian countries from western colonial rule but instead used them as conquered land for natural resources
Winston Churchill → A noted British statesman who led Britain throughout most of World War II and along with Roosevelt planned many allied campaigns. He predicted an iron curtain that would separate Communist Europe from the rest of the West.
Pearl Harbor → United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan, bringing the United States into World War II. Pearl Harbor was attacked on December 7, 1941.
Dwight D. Eisenhower → He was the U. S. general who led the attack in North Africa in Nov. of 1942.He was the master organizer of the D-Day invasion in Europe (June 6, 1944). He ran for the Republican ticket in the 1952 and the1956 elections and won.
Battle of Britain → The prolonged bombardment of British cities by the German Luftwaffe during World War II and the aerial combat that accompanied it
Philippines → Irregular forces which use guerrilla tactics when operating in enemy-occupied territory. During the Holocaust, partisans operated secretly in their efforts to assist Jews and others persecuted by the Nazis. They eventually killed Mussolini.