← Vocabulary Unit 10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a the power to forbid or prevent; to prohibit, reject
- b an amount beyond what is required, excess; more than what is needed or expected
- c widely known because of bad conduct
- d a play filled with ridiculous or absurd happenings; broad or far- fetched humor; a ridiculous sham
- e vary tiring, calling for an extreme effort.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to allow too many privileges, to be too generous and easygoing toward
- the state of being easily frighten
- to make a sound similar to that of a bull, roar; a loud, angry roar.
- overly generous, extravent, abundant; to spread or give freely or without limit.
- to fill or cover in a disorderly way; a state of disorder, mess
5 True/False Questions
dilapidated → falling apart or ruin, run-down
hospitable → to take apart; to strip of something
botch → to repair or patch poorly; make a mess of; a hopelessly bungle job.
parasite → an organism that lives in or on another organism; one who lives off another person.
beneficiary → the state of being easily frighten