6th vocab lesson 18
5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- a to abandon; to give something up
- b to wrap within; to surround entirely
- c One bad effect of his long illness was ____ hearing.
- d to make easier or to help along; to assist
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to cause pain; to do something unpleasant or punishing
- verb - to use to the greatest possible advantage
verb - to make use of selfishly and unfairly
noun - an exciting or a heroic adventure or deed
- The baby bird was ____ in its mother's wing.
- to make worse; to damage
- After I forgot my lines in the play, my little sister ____ me, calling me names.
5 True/False Questions
inhumane → In some countries, people receive ___ punishments for minor crimes.
rehabilitate → to restore to a healthy or good condition
inflict → Gossip can often ___ pain on innocent people.
exploits → The boss ____ his workers by not allowing them to take breaks.
rejuvenated → Nona loved the way she always felt ____ after swimming in the ocean.