5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- lawless frontiersman who lived beyond the reach of the law.
- During the Mongolian rule, Russia was cut off from ________ and _______
- Ivan the terrible went ________ toward the end of his life
- Oprichniks job was to ______________
- 1378 =
- a insane
- b terrorize the boyars.
- c Byzantium
The West (Europe)
- d Prince Dimitry of Moscow refused to pay tribute to the Mongols.
- e Cossacks
5 Multiple choice questions
- provide him with soldiers when needed.
- at his will
5 True/False questions
Ivan gives the service gentry __________________________ → destroy the power of the boyars
russian word for fortress → Kremlin
Russian peasants called __________ flee from the control and forced taxes by escaping to the _____ of the __________ → Cossacks
arrangement of laws or writings into a systematic form → codification
single ruler who has unlimited power → the last emperor of byzantium's niece