5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- russian word for fortress
- land owning aristocrats of Russia
- lawless frontiersman who lived beyond the reach of the law.
- Who calls for reform of the Russian Church in 1652 AD?
- Ivan the terrible went ________ toward the end of his life
- a Nikon
- b Cossacks
- c insane
- d Kremlin
- e Boyars
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- service gentry
5 True/False Questions
region around Moscow → Kremlin
The Russian church declares itself to be the 3rd___________ → Rome
In return for giving the service gentry land, Ivan said that they must _______________________ → provide him with soldiers when needed.
Who had all of Russia under his control by the time of his death? → 1. Russia was cut off from Byzantium and the West (Europe)
2. Russia was forced to spend all of its money on paying tribute to Mongols
3. Serfdom began under Mongol rule
Russian rulers begin to ______ the _____ ruling style of the Mongol khans. → imitate