← Connective Tissue Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- dermatan sulfate
- basal lamina
- a primary precursor of elastin
- b amorphous glycine/proline/lysine material. Gives elasticity.
- c GAG located in dermis
- d cell with indented nucleus. vesicular chromatin. lots of lysosomes.
- e consists of lamina lucida and lamina densa
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- free PG(in ground substance). Chondroitin sulfate and keratan sulfate attached.
- straight molecule of repeating disaccharides. Part of PG.
- type of adipocyte. 12um dia. Generate heat.
- fluid area outside the cell
- accounts fo lining up of tropocollagen to give fibril periodicity.
5 True/False Questions
Collagen III → Reticular fibers. Spleen, liver, CV system, lung, skin
Ehler-Danlos type VII → mitochondrial membrane protein. Backflow of H+. brown fat.
lysyl oxidase → links hydrolysine of adjacent tropocollagen molecules (fibrils)
-cyte → quiescent cell, acidophilic cytoplasm (suffix)
emphysema → overproduction of GAGs during hypothyroidism