5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas edison
- henry bessemer
- Eli whitney
- open-hearth process-
- James Hargreaves
- a British engineer who invented a process to produce steel
- b invented the cotton gin
- c American inventor best known for inventing the electric light bulb, acoustic recording on wax cylinders, and motion pictures.
- d a method that used a special furnace to make many kinds of steel
- e English inventor of the spinning jenny (1720-1778)
5 Multiple choice questions
- invented the telephone
- invented the telegraph
- Inventor of the Bessemer Process, which converted iron ore into steel.
- invented the flying shuttle
- a document granting an inventor sole rights to an invention
5 True/False questions
Flying shuttle → invention that made weaving cloth easier and faster
Guglielmo marconi → invented the radio
mass production → American inventor best known for inventing the electric light bulb, acoustic recording on wax cylinders, and motion pictures.
Richard arkwright → English clergyman who invented the power loom (1743-1823)
assembly line → mechanical system in a factory whereby an article is conveyed through sites at which successive operations are performed on it