← Music Test 5 pt4 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The course of Brahms's artistic and personal life was shaped by the influence of the composer
- Puccini's first successful opera was
- Valhalla, in Wagner's Ring cycle, is
- Puccini's operas have lasting appeal because
- In La Bohème, who sings the aria "Che gelida manina" ("How cold your little hand is!")?
- a he had a marvelous sense of theater.
his melodies have short, memorable phrases and are intensely emotional.
he minimized the difference between aria and recitative, thus creating a continuous flow of music
- b Manon Lescaut.
- c Rodolfo
- d the castle of the gods.
- e Robert Schumann and his wife Clara.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Cavalleria rusticana
5 True/False Questions
A short musical idea associated with a person, object, or thought, used by Wagner in his operas, is called → leitmotif.
Wagner called his works music dramas rather than operas because → there are no breaks where applause can interrupt.
Wagner's first successful opera was → Rienzi.
Rigoletto, the title character in Giuseppe Verdi's opera, is → a hunchbacked court jester.
Which of the following operas was not composed by Wagner? → Fidelio