5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- alcohol fermentation
- cyanide and carbon monoxide
- 2 ATP, 6 NADH, 2 FADH2, 2 NADH (shuttle), 6 CO2
- a cellular respiration WHERE?
- b bind with an electron carrier in the 3rd protein complex, blocking the passage of electrons to oxygen
- c Krebs PRODUCTS?
- d gas exchange/breathing; the exchange of O2 and CO2 between organism and its environment
- e conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol
5 Multiple choice questions
- transports electrons from carriers to make ATP
- production of ATP using energy derived from the redox reaction of an electron transport chain
- binds tightly with one of the electron carrier molecules in the 1st protein complex, preventing electrons from passinf to the next carrier molecule; often use to kill pest insects and fish
- blocks passage of H+ through ATP synthase
- formation of ATP occurring when an enzyme transfers a phosphate group from an organic molecule to ADP
5 True/False questions
oxidation → loss of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
glycolysis → multistep chemical breakdown of a molecule of glucose; 1st stage of cellular respiration
O2 → electron transport chain REACTANTS?
inner mitochondrial membrane → electron transport chain WHERE?
anaerobic → without oxygen