5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cellular respiration
- cyanide and carbon monoxide
- a Function: ATP
- b loss of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
- c bind with an electron carrier in the 3rd protein complex, blocking the passage of electrons to oxygen
- d blocks passage of H+ through ATP synthase
- e electron transport chain REACTANTS?
5 Multiple choice questions
- increase in metabolic rate
- multistep chemical breakdown of a molecule of glucose; 1st stage of cellular respiration
- production of ATP using energy derived from the redox reaction of an electron transport chain
- electron transport chain PRODUCTS?
- cellular respiration REACTANTS?
5 True/False questions
2 pyruvate, 2 NADH, 2 ATP, 2 H2O → cellular respiration PRODUCTS?
mitochondrial matrix → Krebs WHERE?
rotenone → binds tightly with one of the electron carrier molecules in the 1st protein complex, preventing electrons from passinf to the next carrier molecule; often use to kill pest insects and fish
aerobic → with oxygen
lactic acid fermentation → conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol