5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- derivative of pyruvate
- oxidative phosphorylation
- cyanide and carbon monoxide
- a Krebs REACTANTS?
- b cellular respiration REACTANTS?
- c bind with an electron carrier in the 3rd protein complex, blocking the passage of electrons to oxygen
- d multistep chemical breakdown of a molecule of glucose; 1st stage of cellular respiration
- e production of ATP using energy derived from the redox reaction of an electron transport chain
5 Multiple choice questions
- completes breakdown of glucose; 2nd stage of cellular respiration
- Krebs WHERE?
- cellular respiration WHERE?
- conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol
- binds tightly with one of the electron carrier molecules in the 1st protein complex, preventing electrons from passinf to the next carrier molecule; often use to kill pest insects and fish
5 True/False questions
inner mitochondrial membrane → Krebs WHERE?
reduction → gain of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
oligomycin → multistep chemical breakdown of a molecule of glucose; 1st stage of cellular respiration
aerobic → with oxygen
Electron transport chain → Function: ATP