5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- substrate-level phosphorylation
- H20, ATP
- alcohol fermentation
- a electron transport chain PRODUCTS?
- b with oxygen
- c multistep chemical breakdown of a molecule of glucose; 1st stage of cellular respiration
- d formation of ATP occurring when an enzyme transfers a phosphate group from an organic molecule to ADP
- e conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol
5 Multiple choice questions
- blocks passage of H+ through ATP synthase
- completes breakdown of glucose; 2nd stage of cellular respiration
- bind with an electron carrier in the 3rd protein complex, blocking the passage of electrons to oxygen
- cellular respiration WHERE?
- gas exchange/breathing; the exchange of O2 and CO2 between organism and its environment
5 True/False questions
derivative of pyruvate → production of ATP using energy derived from the redox reaction of an electron transport chain
2 ATP, 6 NADH, 2 FADH2, 2 NADH (shuttle), 6 CO2 → Krebs PRODUCTS?
rotenone → binds tightly with one of the electron carrier molecules in the 1st protein complex, preventing electrons from passinf to the next carrier molecule; often use to kill pest insects and fish
DNP → increase in metabolic rate
oxidative phosphorylation → production of ATP using energy derived from the redox reaction of an electron transport chain