← Bio Ch 6 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- lactic acid fermentation
- H20, ATP
- alcohol fermentation
- a cellular respiration REACTANTS?
- b conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol
- c the conversion of pyruvate to lactate with no release of CO2
- d electron transport chain PRODUCTS?
- e gain of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- production of ATP using energy derived from the redox reaction of an electron transport chain
- electron transport chain WHERE?
- bind with an electron carrier in the 3rd protein complex, blocking the passage of electrons to oxygen
- completes breakdown of glucose; 2nd stage of cellular respiration
- blocks passage of H+ through ATP synthase
5 True/False Questions
rotenone → cellular respiration REACTANTS?
substrate-level phosphorylation → formation of ATP occurring when an enzyme transfers a phosphate group from an organic molecule to ADP
mitochondrial matrix → Krebs WHERE?
oxidation → loss of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
aerobic → without oxygen