5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- oxidative phosphorylation
- a production of ATP using energy derived from the redox reaction of an electron transport chain
- b electron transport chain REACTANTS?
- c gas exchange/breathing; the exchange of O2 and CO2 between organism and its environment
- d cellular respiration REACTANTS?
- e loss of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
5 Multiple choice questions
- multistep chemical breakdown of a molecule of glucose; 1st stage of cellular respiration
- increase in metabolic rate
- Krebs WHERE?
- bind with an electron carrier in the 3rd protein complex, blocking the passage of electrons to oxygen
- blocks passage of H+ through ATP synthase
5 True/False questions
2 ATP, 6 NADH, 2 FADH2, 2 NADH (shuttle), 6 CO2 → cellular respiration PRODUCTS?
citic acid/Krebs cycle → completes breakdown of glucose; 2nd stage of cellular respiration
lactic acid fermentation → conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol
Electron transport chain → transports electrons from carriers to make ATP
anaerobic → without oxygen