5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2 ATP, 6 NADH, 2 FADH2, 2 NADH (shuttle), 6 CO2
- 2 pyruvate, 2 NADH, 2 ATP, 2 H2O
- a multistep chemical breakdown of a molecule of glucose; 1st stage of cellular respiration
- b loss of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
- c with oxygen
- d Krebs PRODUCTS?
- e cellular respiration PRODUCTS?
5 Multiple choice questions
- bind with an electron carrier in the 3rd protein complex, blocking the passage of electrons to oxygen
- Function: ATP
- without oxygen
- production of ATP using energy derived from the redox reaction of an electron transport chain
- formation of ATP occurring when an enzyme transfers a phosphate group from an organic molecule to ADP
5 True/False questions
rotenone → binds tightly with one of the electron carrier molecules in the 1st protein complex, preventing electrons from passinf to the next carrier molecule; often use to kill pest insects and fish
H20, ATP → electron transport chain PRODUCTS?
Electron transport chain → transports electrons from carriers to make ATP
reduction → gain of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
alcohol fermentation → conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol