5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- inner mitochondrial membrane
- lactic acid fermentation
- cyanide and carbon monoxide
- a cellular respiration REACTANTS?
- b the conversion of pyruvate to lactate with no release of CO2
- c electron transport chain WHERE?
- d bind with an electron carrier in the 3rd protein complex, blocking the passage of electrons to oxygen
- e binds tightly with one of the electron carrier molecules in the 1st protein complex, preventing electrons from passinf to the next carrier molecule; often use to kill pest insects and fish
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- cellular respiration PRODUCTS?
- Krebs PRODUCTS?
- without oxygen
- with oxygen
- gas exchange/breathing; the exchange of O2 and CO2 between organism and its environment
5 True/False Questions
oxidation → gain of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
O2 → electron transport chain REACTANTS?
Electron transport chain → Function: ATP
citic acid/Krebs cycle → the conversion of pyruvate to lactate with no release of CO2
alcohol fermentation → conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol