5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- utility supply
- production plan
- mass customization
- forward scheduling
- flexible manufacturing system
- a the production of good or services tailored to meet customers' individual needs cost- effectively
- b you start with the date materials are available, then create the most efficient schedule, and then determine a shipping date based on that schedule
- c a system in which machines are programmed to process different part types simultaneously— allowing a manufacturer to mass produce customized products
- d availability of public infrastructure services (electricity, water, natural gas, and communications)
- e description of how resources are to be used to develop a product in a specific way
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- horizontal bar graph used to lay out each task in a project, the order in which these tasks must be completed, and how long each task will take.
- used mostly for high- volume, standardized products that can be produced in a sequential fashion.
- Worldwide standards of quality for goods and services
- computer-based program used for inventory control and production planning. determines which parts will be needed to finish the job and compares these findings to the current inventory and places an order if needed.
- system keeps the smallest amount of inventory on hand as possible, and everything else that is needed is ordered so that it arrives just in time to be used. Storing fewer items and using items right away can reduce storage costs.
5 True/False Questions
statistical quality control → system keeps the smallest amount of inventory on hand as possible, and everything else that is needed is ordered so that it arrives just in time to be used. Storing fewer items and using items right away can reduce storage costs.
production management → The planning, implementation, and control measures used to convert resources into finished products. (focused on products)
Computer-Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) → combine design and manufacturing functions with other automated functions, such as order taking, shipment, and billing for the complete automation of a manufacturing plant
mass customization → the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
enterprise resource planning → systems can do the same inventory control and process scheduling that MRP can do, but they can integrate these functions with all the other aspects business that management would like to tie together, such as finance and human resources.