5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mass production
- total quality management
- mass customization
- lean production
- utility supply
- a the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
- b production of goods or services tailored to meet customers' individual needs cost- effectively
- c availability of public infrastructure services (electricity, water, natural gas, and communications)
- d Unlike final inspection methodologies, involves every factor in producing high-quality goods—management, customers, employees, and suppliers. At any point, employees and leaders are aiming to produce high quality.
- e set of principles concerned with reducing waste and improving flow
5 Multiple choice questions
- horizontal bar graph used to lay out each task in a project, the order in which these tasks must be completed, and how long each task will take.
- the production of good or services tailored to meet customers' individual needs cost- effectively
- create two-dimensional or three-dimensional models of physical parts.
- Continual monitoring of each stage of the entire production process
- you start with the date materials are available, then create the most efficient schedule, and then determine a shipping date based on that schedule
5 True/False questions
ISO Standards → horizontal bar graph used to lay out each task in a project, the order in which these tasks must be completed, and how long each task will take.
production management → Consists of managing the activities and processes to produce and distribute goods and services
Materials Requirement Planning → systems can do the same inventory control and process scheduling that MRP can do, but they can integrate these functions with all the other aspects business that management would like to tie together, such as finance and human resources.
just-in-time inventory control → system keeps the smallest amount of inventory on hand as possible, and everything else that is needed is ordered so that it arrives just in time to be used. Storing fewer items and using items right away can reduce storage costs.
process layout → used mostly for high- volume, standardized products that can be produced in a sequential fashion.