5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Materials Requirement Planning
- Gantt Chart
- forward scheduling
- production plan
- lean production
- a set of principles concerned with reducing waste and improving flow
- b description of how resources are to be used to develop a product in a specific way
- c you start with the date materials are available, then create the most efficient schedule, and then determine a shipping date based on that schedule
- d horizontal bar graph used to lay out each task in a project, the order in which these tasks must be completed, and how long each task will take.
- e computer-based program used for inventory control and production planning. determines which parts will be needed to finish the job and compares these findings to the current inventory and places an order if needed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Unlike final inspection methodologies, involves every factor in producing high-quality goods—management, customers, employees, and suppliers. At any point, employees and leaders are aiming to produce high quality.
- systems can do the same inventory control and process scheduling that MRP can do, but they can integrate these functions with all the other aspects business that management would like to tie together, such as finance and human resources.
- combine design and manufacturing functions with other automated functions, such as order taking, shipment, and billing for the complete automation of a manufacturing plant
- create two-dimensional or three-dimensional models of physical parts.
- system keeps the smallest amount of inventory on hand as possible, and everything else that is needed is ordered so that it arrives just in time to be used. Storing fewer items and using items right away can reduce storage costs.
5 True/False questions
production layout → used mostly for high- volume, standardized products that can be produced in a sequential fashion.
mass customization → the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
utility supply → availability of public infrastructure services (electricity, water, natural gas, and communications)
operations management → Consists of managing the activities and processes to produce and distribute goods and services
statistical quality control → Continual monitoring of each stage of the entire production process