5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- statistical quality control
- Gantt Chart
- Computer-Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
- utility supply
- ISO Standards
- a Continual monitoring of each stage of the entire production process
- b Worldwide standards of quality for goods and services
- c horizontal bar graph used to lay out each task in a project, the order in which these tasks must be completed, and how long each task will take.
- d availability of public infrastructure services (electricity, water, natural gas, and communications)
- e combine design and manufacturing functions with other automated functions, such as order taking, shipment, and billing for the complete automation of a manufacturing plant
5 Multiple choice questions
- The planning, implementation, and control measures used to convert resources into finished products. (focused on products)
- Unlike final inspection methodologies, involves every factor in producing high-quality goods—management, customers, employees, and suppliers. At any point, employees and leaders are aiming to produce high quality.
- Consists of managing the activities and processes to produce and distribute goods and services
- used mostly for high- volume, standardized products that can be produced in a sequential fashion.
- you start with the date materials are available, then create the most efficient schedule, and then determine a shipping date based on that schedule
5 True/False questions
Mass production → set of principles concerned with reducing waste and improving flow
just-in-time inventory control → Continual monitoring of each stage of the entire production process
mass customization → the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
Materials Requirement Planning → computer-based program used for inventory control and production planning. determines which parts will be needed to finish the job and compares these findings to the current inventory and places an order if needed.
Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) → uses the design data to control the machinery used in the manufacturing process