5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Shiite Muslims
- Why did the Muslim world expand under the Umayyad Dynasty?
- Give a biography of Muhammad, including his early life, until his death.
- Who were the Bedouins and what did they believe in?
- How did the Seljuk Turks take over the Muslim world?
- a Muslims that believe only descendants of Muhammad and his son-in-law Ali should rule
- b They were hired as a military for the Abbasids when the people started to rebel against their rule since they had grown greedy and corrupt and the Turks eventually decided since they were the real power in the Empire, that they would take over and rule it themselves
- c Arabic desert dwellers who were nomadic and moved from place to place in search of food and believed in nature gods since nature effected their everyday life
- d Muhammad's father died before he was born and his mother died before he was 6. He lived with his uncle and became a merchant, working for Khadija. The fell in love and were married. He would become the prophet of Islam when he turned 40, would leave Mecca, later return and die there
- e 1. Because the Arabian peninsula was becoming overpopulated so they were looking for more territory
2. One of the goals of Islam is to go out and convert people to the religion
5 Multiple choice questions
- Because he was preaching that their were no nature gods and so the merchants would lose a lot of money if people stopped coming to Mecca to worship at the shrine of the nature gods - the Kaaba
- Teacher of Islam
- 1. Hindus were polytheistic and would not accept Allah
2. Hindus worshipped idols which was against Islam
3. Hindus had a caste system in their society which the Muslims disliked because they believed all Muslims were equal
- Tower found at a mosque that people use to call the faithful to prayer
- It was over who should be the next ruler of Islam; the two groups are the Sunnis and the Shiites; the Sunnis believe anyone can rule as long as the follow the teachings of Muhammad; the Shiites believe only descendants of Muhammad can rule
5 True/False questions
What are the four things a good Muslim can't do? → 1. Eat pork
3. Drink Alcohol
4. Worship Idols
How did Islam unite the people of the Middle East and North Africa? → 1. Common language of Arabic so everyone could communicate
2. Everyone was equal if they were Muslim so no discrimination
What was the Kaaba and what happened to it? → Arabic desert dwellers who were nomadic and moved from place to place in search of food and believed in nature gods since nature effected their everyday life
Gabriel → The angel that spoke to Muhammad and told him he was the last prophet of God
Crusades → Holy wars launched by Christians to retake the Holy Land from the Muslims