5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Civil Rights Act of 1866 C
- Specialization of Labor
- New State Constitutions S
- a Guaranteed the right to vote to every adult male, ended imprisonment for debt, and called for the establishment of public schools in the South.
- b To train or specialize people in certain areas of work so that people can accomplish tasks quicker, on assembly lines
- c The growth of cities, modernizing
- d Law that gave African Americans citizenship and guaranteed them the same legal rights as white Americans
- e A business owned completely by only one or two individuals
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He was a drunk jerk, a democrat, and a poor politician and diplomat. Only one more vote!
- A fee levied to anyone wanting to vote
- Group of corporations run by a single board of directors
- New York Central RR and Chesapeake and Ohio RR, JS Morgan finance co., and US Steel
- Elevator Brake
5 True/False Questions
Black Codes P → Laws that restricted freedmen's rights
AFL → American Federation of Labor
Military Reconstruction Act C → It divided the South into five military districts that were commanded by Union generals. It was passed in 1867. It ripped the power away from the president to be commander in chief and set up a system of Martial Law
African American Officeholders S → 1866 - enacted by radical congress - forbade president from removing civil officers without senatorial consent - was to prevent Johnson from removing a radical republican from his cabinet.
Mass Production → An organization association of workers, often in the same trade or skill, formed to protect+ further their rights and interests