5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who became the 1st govenor of Texas in 1846?
- Congress declares war with Mexico on____
- 4 ways SAm Houston server TX
- Compromise of 1850 who came up with teh plan?
- Manifest Dstiny?
- a James Pickney Henderson
- b Settle the border conflict federal government paid $10 million to give up its claims- Senator Heney Clay
- c May 13, 1846
- d the belief of western expansion for the good of the country. People who believed this thought the U.S should stretch from te Aylantic to the Pacific Ocean.
- e 1)Governor 2) Comander 3) President 4)Senitor
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Mirabeau B. Lamar
- Palo Alto/ Resaca de la palma
- Rio Grande, Nueces River
5 True/False Questions
Pop. in TX in 1850, and 1860? → 212,592 604,215
General Winfield captured mexico city on? → May 13, 1846
The Texas Rangers were givn this fearce name? → May 13, 1846
Seperation of powers/ checks and balances are in place to ensure each branch of government is- → Anson Jones
Prez of the republuic of TX at the time of annexation to the US? → Anson Jones