← TXH Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- After fighting other US forces took controal of Cali and parts of ___ ______
- Manifest Dstiny?
- What are 2 reasons that the US senate rejected the annexation of Texas?
- TX gave up its claims to 67 million acres of land in present-day______.
- Who became the 1st govenor of Texas in 1846?
- a New Mexico
- b James Pickney Henderson
- c the belief of western expansion for the good of the country. People who believed this thought the U.S should stretch from te Aylantic to the Pacific Ocean.
- d Sparking war with Mexico, Adding another slave state to the union.
- e Calorado
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Texas Admission act
- Sept. 14. 1847
- Rio Grande, Nueces River
- Palo Alto/ Resaca de la palma
5 True/False Questions
Congress declares war with Mexico on____ → May 13, 1846
Pop. in TX in 1850, and 1860? → 212,592 604,215
Seperation of powers/ checks and balances are in place to ensure each branch of government is- → Equal
4 ways SAm Houston server TX → the belief of western expansion for the good of the country. People who believed this thought the U.S should stretch from te Aylantic to the Pacific Ocean.
Terms of Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo? → Regognixe the annex of TX Us agrees to cover $3.25 millon in claim Mexico agreed to ceede 529,00 sq minles north of the US for $15 millon