← TXH Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- TX gave up its claims to 67 million acres of land in present-day______.
- Compromise of 1850 who came up with teh plan?
- 12-29-1845 Prez Polk signed what?
- What are 2 reasons that the US senate rejected the annexation of Texas?
- After fighting other US forces took controal of Cali and parts of ___ ______
- a New Mexico
- b Settle the border conflict federal government paid $10 million to give up its claims- Senator Heney Clay
- c Calorado
- d Sparking war with Mexico, Adding another slave state to the union.
- e Texas Admission act
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- James Pickney Henderson
- Sept. 14. 1847
5 True/False Questions
Reservations → the belief of western expansion for the good of the country. People who believed this thought the U.S should stretch from te Aylantic to the Pacific Ocean.
Pop. in TX in 1850, and 1860? → 212,592 604,215
May 8-9 general Taylor wins 2 battles against advancing Mexican soilders @ → Sept. 14. 1847
3 Indinan reservation still left today? → Alabama-Coushatta Kickapoo reservation Tigua Reservation
Manifest Dstiny? → the belief of western expansion for the good of the country. People who believed this thought the U.S should stretch from te Aylantic to the Pacific Ocean.