5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happened to the children of the children's crusade?
- The Second Crusade
- Seljuq Turks
- Results of the First crusade
- a Muslim people from Central Asia, gained control of Palestine, threatened Constantinople and the Byzantine Empire
- b Europeans gained much of the Holy Land; they set up feudalism; the Christians and Muslims lived alongside eachother
- c If they didn't die on the way there, some were sent home by the Pope. Others made it to Southern France and were tricked into boarding ships where they were sold into slavery
- d By 1146, the Turks started to gain back land little by little and the 2nd Crusade started in 1147. King Louis VII and Conrad III led armies across Europe but failed to recapture Damascus and returned to Europe in 1149
- e Marked with a cross
5 Multiple choice questions
- Italian cities became major trading centers. Since Italian ships carried Crusaders, they returned to Italy with food from Asia.
- they were excommunicated by Inncocent because Zadar was a Christian city
- 1096-1099; French and Italian Lords; captured Antioch and Jerusalem; killed all of the Jews and Muslims
- The first
- The Westerners gained knowledge from the Byzantines and the Muslims. These ideas helped to enrich European culture.
5 True/False questions
The Third Crusade → In 1187, the Muslim Leader Saladin regained Jerusalem. Main players: Barbarossa, Phillip II, and King Richard I. Lasted from 1189-1192.
What did the truce between Saladin and Richard I allow? → The Crusaders could control some towns along the Palestinian coast and Christians could enter Jerusalem freely
What did the Europeans use the most as a weapon? → The crossbow
Crusades → A series of military expeditions to regain the
Where we're most of the Children of the Childrens Crusade from? → If they didn't die on the way there, some were sent home by the Pope. Others made it to Southern France and were tricked into boarding ships where they were sold into slavery