5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How did Barbarossa die?
- What did Phillip II do after the Crusade?
- The only successful crusade
- The Fourth Crusade
- What were some problems with the Children's Crusade?
- a The children had no training, equipment, or supplies
- b The first
- c Drowned on the way to the Holy Land and his army turned back
- d Main players: Pope Innocent III, French knights. In 1204 the Crusaders attacked Constantiniple. The city stayed under Western control for 60 years but was regained by the Byzantines. The Turks took Constantinople in 1453.
- e After quarreling with Richard, he went back to England and seized parts of France
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- France and Germany
- Europeans gained much of the Holy Land; they set up feudalism; the Christians and Muslims lived alongside eachother
- Save their souls and go straight to heaven; gain land and wealth in Palestine and Asia
- Muslim people from Central Asia, gained control of Palestine, threatened Constantinople and the Byzantine Empire
5 True/False Questions
Why did the Venetians want to attack Zadar? → 1212
The Second Crusade → By 1146, the Turks started to gain back land little by little and the 2nd Crusade started in 1147. King Louis VII and Conrad III led armies across Europe but failed to recapture Damascus and returned to Europe in 1149
What happened to the children of the children's crusade? → If they didn't die on the way there, some were sent home by the Pope. Others made it to Southern France and were tricked into boarding ships where they were sold into slavery
Idea Results → Italian cities became major trading centers. Since Italian ships carried Crusaders, they returned to Italy with food from Asia.
What appended to the Crusaders who attacked Zadar? → they were excommunicated by Inncocent because Zadar was a Christian city