← World civ 14.1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Reasons to join the Crusades
- Pope Urban II
- What happened to the children of the children's crusade?
- How did the Crusades end?
- Political Results
- a The Muslims captured the city of Acre which was the last Christian city in the Holy Land
- b Called the Crusades in Clermont, France
- c Save their souls and go straight to heaven; gain land and wealth in Palestine and Asia
- d If they didn't die on the way there, some were sent home by the Pope. Others made it to Southern France and were tricked into boarding ships where they were sold into slavery
- e The power of the European kings got stronger because since a lot of knights died, the kings took their land and therefore, directly owned more of the kingdom. This helped bring an end to feudalism. The Christian Church also became stronger because the Popes took on more Importance
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Main players: Pope Innocent III, French knights. In 1204 the Crusaders attacked Constantiniple. The city stayed under Western control for 60 years but was regained by the Byzantines. The Turks took Constantinople in 1453.
- The crossbow
- The Crusaders could control some towns along the Palestinian coast and Christians could enter Jerusalem freely
- ThBecause Zadar was a rival port to the Venetians who persuaded the Crusaders to attack it. They succeeded.
- Marked with a cross
5 True/False Questions
How did Barbarossa die? → Drowned on the way to the Holy Land and his army turned back
First Crusade → A series of military expeditions to regain the
Weapon Results → Italian cities became major trading centers. Since Italian ships carried Crusaders, they returned to Italy with food from Asia.
What were some problems with the Children's Crusade? → The children had no training, equipment, or supplies
What appended to the Crusaders who attacked Zadar? → ThBecause Zadar was a rival port to the Venetians who persuaded the Crusaders to attack it. They succeeded.