← World civ 14.1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Until what year did the Crusades continue?
- Why did the Venetians want to attack Zadar?
- Reasons to join the Crusades
- What did Richard I do after the Crusade?
- The only successful crusade
- a Save their souls and go straight to heaven; gain land and wealth in Palestine and Asia
- b ThBecause Zadar was a rival port to the Venetians who persuaded the Crusaders to attack it. They succeeded.
- c 1291
- d The first
- e Richard remained in the Holy Land but couldn't capture Jerusalem. He made a truce with Saladin
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The power of the European kings got stronger because since a lot of knights died, the kings took their land and therefore, directly owned more of the kingdom. This helped bring an end to feudalism. The Christian Church also became stronger because the Popes took on more Importance
- Drowned on the way to the Holy Land and his army turned back
- After quarreling with Richard, he went back to England and seized parts of France
- Europeans gained much of the Holy Land; they set up feudalism; the Christians and Muslims lived alongside eachother
- A series of military expeditions to regain the
5 True/False Questions
What did the Europeans use the most as a weapon? → The crossbow
What did the truce between Saladin and Richard I allow? → The crossbow
When did the Childrens Crusade take place? → 1212
Trade Results → Italian cities became major trading centers. Since Italian ships carried Crusaders, they returned to Italy with food from Asia.
Seljuq Turks → Muslim people from Central Asia, gained control of Palestine, threatened Constantinople and the Byzantine Empire