5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Checks and Balances
- Who was the first President and Vice President of the United States?
- How many Supreme Court Justices are there?
- Why do all 3 branches need to work together?
- Shays's Rebellion
- a to get things done
- b keeps any one branch from becoming too powerful or misusing its authority
- c George Washington/John Adams
- d Daniel Shays led group of farmers to take over Massachusetts arsenal
- e 9
5 Multiple choice questions
- a. House of Representatives
- House of Representatives and Senate
- protects people's right to grand jury, can't be tried twice for same crime, can't be forced to speak against themselves, etc.
- a. 2 year term
b. 435 serve
- right to speedy and public trials, know charges against them, etc.
5 True/False questions
How many states need to approve an amendment? → 9 of 13
New Jersey Plan → every state has same number of representatives
June 21, 1788 → New Hampshire was 9th state to ratify
How long do Justices stay in office? → Thomas Jefferson
How must Justices apply laws to every person? → for life