5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- King James Version
- Greek and Hebrew
- a Tyndale translated the Bible from these languages.
- b book form
- c This manuscript was found in a wastebasket at St. Catherine's monastery
- d This translation contained a few notes to be used for clarification only, was a collaborative work, and became the standard English protestant Bible.
- e First person to translate the entire Bible into English; his body was exhumed, burned, and his ashes put in a river
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Translation of Old Testament from Hebrew to Greek; available at time of Jesus
- writing material made from animal skins
- found in a cave by a shepherd in 1947
- Wycliffe's translation was ________ owned.
- all translators of this bible were or would become bishops
5 True/False Questions
Lollards → followers of Wycliffe
scribes → made copies of the scriptures
papyrus → first writing material made from slices of a water plant that grows along the Nile River in Egypt
edicts → Five of these were issued for John Wycliffe, but he was never convicted as a heretic during his life.
Tyndale → He was strangled and burned in Brussels and his last words were "Lord, open the King of England's eyes."