← Bio 106-Test 3 Test
Bio 106-Test 3
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- protostomes have what type of symmetry?
- saprophytes are what ________ and do what ______?
- What shape are cocci?
- What do bacteria(prokaryotes) fix that is converted from ammonia and released back into the air or available for plants that helps society?
- what phylum can cause Guinea worm disease?
- a nematoda
- b fungi that degrade dead organisms
- c nitrogen
- d bilateral
- e spheres
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- increased levels of oxygen in the ocean, evolution of predation(light/movement sensing organs and armor)
- it is a potent oncolytic virus that kills cancer cells while leaving healthy tissues unharmed
- someone who has it urinates/poops into water source, eggs are released and infect snails, drink it in from the water, flat worms go into liver
- keratin that extend from follicles used for insulation,camoflauge,sensory structure
5 True/False Questions
how does lysogenic cycle work? → DNA segment from the virus(prophage) integrates with host cell DNA
when was the genus Homo started? → about 2 mya
Why are viruses not organisms? → not cells
not made up of cells
can't make own ATP,amino acids,nucleic acids
can't carry out transcription and translation alone
lack cellular structure/plasma membrane
lack independent metabolism
what does the lysogenic cycle do? → DNA segment from the virus(prophage) integrates with host cell DNA
what is the endosymbiotic theory? → mitochondria/chloroplasts are derived from free living bacteria that became incorporated into early cells