5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a v. to drive off or scatter in different directions.
- b v. to make capable of movement.
- c n. the act of giving in to a power of another.
- d v. to turn aside from a course or direction.
- e v. to look intently.
5 Multiple choice questions
- n. a jumble of loud, discordant sounds.
- adj. Deserving of contempt; despicable.
- v. to sharpen; enhance.
- v. to draw in the breath sharply, as from shock.
- adj. Covered or shaded.
5 True/False questions
Subside → v. to spread through or over, as with liquid or light.
Parry → v. to look intently.
Cadenced → adj. A progression of chords moving to a harmonic close or point of rest.
Upflailing → v. to make capable of movement.
Insidious → n. a utensil of wire mesh for straining materials.