7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Force divided by pressure= Area.
- This comes from air resistance.
- Pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere. Earth's atmosphere is held in place by gravity. Although we don't feel this pressure because the fluids in our body exert an equal outward pressure. The closer you are to Earth's surface you are, the greater the pressure because you are "deep" in the atmosphere.
- An amount of force exerted on a given area.
- The metric (SI) unit for pressure. Abbreviation: Pa.
- This comes from the air lifting the plane.
6 True/False questions
Fluids → Any material that can flow and take shape of its container. This includes- Liquids and gases.
Fluid behavior → Why does liquid travel up a straw when you drink from it? Because as pressure decreases the water pressure increases.
Archimedes' Principle → A change in pressure at any point in an enclosed fluid will be transmitted equally to all parts of that fluid. Uses and examples: brakes, power, lifters, etc. Liquids are best used in hydraulic devices because they cannot be compressed into smaller spaces like gases can.
Bernoulli's principle → As the speed of a moving fluid increases, its pressure decreases. A frisbee works like this, and a boomerang to.
Density → This comes from the air lifting the plane.
Pressure → The amount of matter in a certain volume. Water is more dense than air; and therefore, it exerts more pressure.