← Science Chapter 7 Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- All fluids exert pressure. Pressure is created by the particles in a fluid pushing against each other and the sides of whatever container they are in. Fluids exert pressure equally in all directions.
- As the speed of a moving fluid increases, its pressure decreases. A frisbee works like this, and a boomerang to.
- An amount of force exerted on a given area.
- Pressure only depends on the depth of the fluid, not the total amount present.
- This= Force divided by Area. Square meter/ n divided by meter2
- Force divided by pressure= Area.
6 True/False Questions
Pressure → The metric (SI) unit for pressure. Abbreviation: Pa.
Fluid → Any material that can flow and take shape of its container. This includes- Liquids and gases.
Plane's and their pressure → Pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere. Earth's atmosphere is held in place by gravity. Although we don't feel this pressure because the fluids in our body exert an equal outward pressure. The closer you are to Earth's surface you are, the greater the pressure because you are "deep" in the atmosphere.
Fluid behavior → Why does liquid travel up a straw when you drink from it? Because as pressure decreases the water pressure increases.
Buoyant force → An amount of force exerted on a given area.
Pascal → The metric (SI) unit for pressure. Abbreviation: Pa.