← Science Chapter 7 Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- The amount of matter in a certain volume. Water is more dense than air; and therefore, it exerts more pressure.
- Pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere. Earth's atmosphere is held in place by gravity. Although we don't feel this pressure because the fluids in our body exert an equal outward pressure. The closer you are to Earth's surface you are, the greater the pressure because you are "deep" in the atmosphere.
- All fluids exert pressure. Pressure is created by the particles in a fluid pushing against each other and the sides of whatever container they are in. Fluids exert pressure equally in all directions.
- The wing shape on a plane os what causes different speed of air, which affects pressure. The air that foes over the wing must travel faster than the wing to meet up at the end. This creates less pressure above the wing compared to below which creates lift.
- This= Force divided by Area. Square meter/ n divided by meter2
- Why does liquid travel up a straw when you drink from it? Because as pressure decreases the water pressure increases.
6 True/False Questions
Pascal's principle → As the speed of a moving fluid increases, its pressure decreases. A frisbee works like this, and a boomerang to.
Bernoulli's principle → As the speed of a moving fluid increases, its pressure decreases. A frisbee works like this, and a boomerang to.
Pressure → Pressure only depends on the depth of the fluid, not the total amount present.
Drag → This comes from the air lifting the plane.
Pascal → This comes from air resistance.
Archimedes' Principle → The buoyant force on an object in a fluid is an upward force equal to the weight of the volume of the fluid that the object displace- displace means " take the place of"