7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The amount of matter in a certain volume. Water is more dense than air; and therefore, it exerts more pressure.
- This comes from the air lifting the plane.
- Moving forwards comes from the engine.
- Pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere. Earth's atmosphere is held in place by gravity. Although we don't feel this pressure because the fluids in our body exert an equal outward pressure. The closer you are to Earth's surface you are, the greater the pressure because you are "deep" in the atmosphere.
- This= Force divided by Area. Square meter/ n divided by meter2
- As the speed of a moving fluid increases, its pressure decreases. A frisbee works like this, and a boomerang to.
6 True/False questions
Pressure → An amount of force exerted on a given area.
Force, Pressure, and Area → Pressure only depends on the depth of the fluid, not the total amount present.
Drag → This comes from the air lifting the plane.
Pressure → Because pressure increases with depth, the pressure on the bottom of the object is greater that n the pressure on the top. Therefore, there is a net upward force on the object.
Fluid → Any material that can flow and take shape of its container. This includes- Liquids and gases.
Pascal → The metric (SI) unit for pressure. Abbreviation: Pa.