← Science Chapter 7 Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere. Earth's atmosphere is held in place by gravity. Although we don't feel this pressure because the fluids in our body exert an equal outward pressure. The closer you are to Earth's surface you are, the greater the pressure because you are "deep" in the atmosphere.
- Because pressure increases with depth, the pressure on the bottom of the object is greater that n the pressure on the top. Therefore, there is a net upward force on the object.
- Force divided by pressure= Area.
- Pressure only depends on the depth of the fluid, not the total amount present.
- This comes from air resistance.
- This comes from the air lifting the plane.
6 True/False Questions
Pressure → The metric (SI) unit for pressure. Abbreviation: Pa.
Plane's and their pressure → The wing shape on a plane os what causes different speed of air, which affects pressure. The air that foes over the wing must travel faster than the wing to meet up at the end. This creates less pressure above the wing compared to below which creates lift.
Thrust → Moving forwards comes from the engine.
Archimedes' Principle → The buoyant force on an object in a fluid is an upward force equal to the weight of the volume of the fluid that the object displace- displace means " take the place of"
Density → The amount of matter in a certain volume. Water is more dense than air; and therefore, it exerts more pressure.
Fluids → Any material that can flow and take shape of its container. This includes- Liquids and gases.