5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Harry Truman
- Chester Nimitz
- cost-plus contracts
- Korematsu v US
- a Became president when FDR died; gave the order to drop the atomic bomb
- b the government agreed to pay a company whatever it cost to make a product plus a guranteed percentage of the costs as a profit
- c United States admiral of the Pacific fleet during World War II who used aircraft carriers to destroy the Japanese navy (1885-1966)
- d an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security
- e 1944 Supreme Court case where the Supreme Court upheld the order providing for the relocation of Japanese Americans. It was not until 1988 that Congress formally apologized and agreed to pay $20,000 2 each survivor
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- United States federal law that required the registration of Communist organizations with the Attorney General in the United States and established the Subversive Activities Control Board to investigate persons thought to be engaged in "un-American" activities, including homosexuals
- The world's first space satellite. This meant the Soviet Union had a missile powerful enough to reach the US.
- Congress set up $2 billion. It made loans to major economic institutions such as banks, insurance companies and railroads.
- Jesuit priest who wrote the "Models of the Church".
- agreement that divided Vietnam into North and South
5 True/False Questions
George Marshall → the policy of pushing a dangerous situation to the brink of disaster (to the limits of safety)
William Westmoreland → American General who commanded American military operations in the Vietnam War at its peak from 1964 to 1968
Khe Sanh → this is a military base in northwestern South Vietnam that was attacked by communist troops. There was an increased traffic on the Ho Chi Minh Trail right before the assault.
Anne Frank → kept a diary of her family's life in hiding after the Nazis overran the Netherlands
El Alamein → Town in Egypt, site of the victory by Britain's Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery over German forces led by General Erwin Rommel (the 'Desert Fox') in 1942-1943. (p. 793)