5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- War Production Board
- Neville Chamberlain
- A. Philip Randolph
- a naval battle of World War II (June 1942)
- b Night of Broken Glass, Nov 9 1938 night when the Nazis killed or injured many jews & destroyed many jewish propertys
- c British statesman who as Prime Minister pursued a policy of appeasement toward fascist Germany (1869-1940)
- d During WWII, FDR established it to allocated scarce materials, limited or stopped the production of civilian goods, and distributed contracts among competing manufacturers
- e Black leader, who threatens a march to end discrimination in the work place; Roosevelt gives in with companies that get federal grants.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan, bringing the United States into World War II. Pearl Harbor was attacked on December 7, 1941.
- The final wartime meeting of the leaders of the United States, Britain, and the Soviet Union was held at Potsdamn, outside Berlin, in July, 1945. Truman, Churchill, and Stalin discussed the future of Europe but their failure to reach meaningful agreements soon led to the onset of the Cold War.
- City in Russia, site of a Red Army victory over the Germany army in 1942-1943. The Battle of Stalingrad was the turning point in the war between Germany and the Soviet Union. Today Volgograd. (p. 793)
- the government agreed to pay a company whatever it cost to make a product plus a guranteed percentage of the costs as a profit
- a fighter plane used for suicide missions by Japanese pilots in World War II
5 True/False Questions
Vietnamization → President Richard Nixons strategy for ending U.S involvement in the vietnam war, involving a gradual withdrawl of American troops and replacement of them with South Vietnamese forces
Khe Sanh → this is a military base in northwestern South Vietnam that was attacked by communist troops. There was an increased traffic on the Ho Chi Minh Trail right before the assault.
Robert McNamara → Us crylographers who craked soveiet spy code to read letters about spying in the US.
USS Maddox → US battleship that was allegedly fired upon by the North Vietnamese in the Gulf of Tonkin
Bracero Program → United States labor agents recruited thousands of farm and railroad workers from Mexico. The program stimulated emigration for Mexico.