5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- murk (mirk)
- a (especially of a person or their appearance) untidy and dirty
careless; excessively casual
- b evil in nature or effect
- c darkness or thick mist that makes it difficult to see:
- d wild animals which are believed to be harmful to crops, farm animals, or game, or which carry disease, e.g. rodents:
1a drinking glass with straight sides and no handle or stem.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a large open area just inside the entrance of a public building such as a theatre or a hotel, where people can wait and meet each other
grotesque or bizarre.
- intensely painful:
very embarrassing, awkward, or tedious:
- worn out or ruined because of age or neglect
5 True/False Questions
felicity → 1intense happiness:
2the ability to find appropriate expression for one's thoughts:
clairvoyance → with an attitude or look of suspicion or disapproval:
arid (the arid plains north of Cape Town) → 1(of land or a climate) having little or no rain; too dry or barren to support vegetation:
2lacking in interest, excitement, or meaning:
proselytize → convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another:
splotch → a notch at either end of a bow for holding the string.