5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cultural Diffusion
- Spatial Interaction
- Hierarchial Diffusion
- Relative Location
- a The regional position or situation of a place relative to the position of other places.
- b An idea or innovation spreads by passing first among the most connected places or peoples.
- c Depends on the distances between places. Both Complementarity and Intervening Opportunity.
- d The expansion and adoption of a cultural element, from its place of origin to a wider area.
- e The art and science of making maps.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The view that the natural environment has a controlling influence over various aspects of human life, including cultural development.
- State of mind derived through the infusion of a place with meaning and emotion by remembering important events that occurred in that place or by labeling a place with a certian character.
- Belief or "understanding" about a place developed through books, movies, stories or pictures.
- The spread of an innovation or an idea through a population in an area in such a way that the number of those influenced grows continuously larger.
- Reciprocal relationship between humans and environment.
5 True/False Questions
Contagious Diffusion → A cultural adaptation is created as a result of the introduction of a cultural trait from another place.
Cultural Trait → A single element of normal practice in a culture, such as the wearing of a turban.
Landscape → Material character of a place, complex of natural featues, human structures, and other tangible objects that give a place its form.
Political Ecology → Area of inquiry fundementally concerned with the enviormental consequences of dominant political- economic arrangements and understandings.
Connectivity → The degree of ease with which it is possible to reach a certian location from other locations.