5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- mandatory retirement
- Jim Crow Laws
- civil rights
- Stokely Carmichael
- a rights granted to all citizens
- b separation, especially race
- c policy that required people to stop working at a certain age
- d militant leader who argued that African Americans should fight back if attacked. Carmichael and others developed a new approach called "Black Power".
- e laws meant to enforce separations of white and black people in the south
5 Multiple choice questions
- law banning segregation in public places and creating the EEOC
- 36th President of the United States.He was sworn in as President on the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
- the first African American student to enroll in University of Mississippi by order of a federal court
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- 1896 case in which the Supreme Court ruled that segregation was legal
5 True/False questions
Cesar Chavez → 1953- Chief Justice appointed by Eisenhower; more liberal than expected
Martin Luther King Jr. → forced to retire at 65; organized Gray Panthers against age discrimination and protested in D.C.
infringe → to open to people of all races or ethnic groups
sit-in → National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Maggie Kuhn → separation, especially race