3. During the Renaissance an artistic movement called ______humanism_______was based on the philosophy of logical thought over the religious fervor of the past.
5. The pose of Michelangelo's sculpture of David was influenced by ancient ______________sculpture.
Giotto is considered to be the artist that reinvented ________naturalism______ in painting.
The Rococo style was characterized by?characterized by?
1. essessive and ornate
2. subject was life free from hardship
3. depiction of the leisure activities of the upper class
10. Bernini's David differs from those of Donatello and Michelangelo in that Bernini's David is:
Its in action
11. The fresco by Masaccio (The Holy Trinity) is considered to be the first painting based on the use of:
12. Leonardo's technique of blurred edges called _________, can be seen in this famous portrait. (Mona Lisa)
14. In the work by Jan van Eyck, The marrage of Giovanni Arnolfini and Giovanna Cenami the woman is wearing green because;
It symbolized fertility
15. Caravaggio'o drymatic portrayal of scenes at night in The Conversion of Saint Paul, was called:
18. In the Netherlands, the major patrons of such artists as Vermeer and Rembrandt was:
21. King Louis XIV had 21. King Louis XIV had __________________built to surpass the splendor of all other palaces.
___________ art is often characterized by great energy, dramatic use of light, scale and balance.
24. Baroque artists no longer worked exclusively for the _____________ but worked for nobles and aristocrats as well.