5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The acquisition of data about Earth's surface from a satellite orbiting the planet or other long-distance methods.
- The exact position of a place on the earth's surface.
- A set of computer tools used to capture, store, transform, analyze, and display geographic data.
- (nodal) Area organized around a node or focal point. The characteristic chosen to define this kind of region dominates at a central focus or node and diminishes in importance outward. This region is tied to the central point by transportation or communication systems or by economic or functional associations.
- The arrangement of something across Earth's surface (space).
4 True/False Questions
Mental Map → An internal representation of a portion of Earth's surface based on what an individual knows about a place, containing personal impressions of what is in a place and where places are located.
Formal Region → An internal representation of a portion of Earth's surface based on what an individual knows about a place, containing personal impressions of what is in a place and where places are located.
Perceptual (vernacular) Region → (vernacular) is a place that people believe exists as a part of their cultural identity. Such regions emerge from peoples informal sense of place rather than from scientific models developed through geographic thought. (Often identified using a mental map- which is an internal representation of a portion of Earths surface)
Physical Geography → The spatial analysis of the sturcture of the earth and its features (plants, animals, climate, ect)