5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- which class came to dominate european society after 1492
- a The doctrine that land and its products are the only true wealth.
- b city in Peru that was one of the great mining centers in the sixteenth century New World. The Spanish crown was particularly interested in mining because it received one-fifth of all mining revenues
- c Persian scientist, mathematician, astronomer/astrologer, and author. He is often cited as "the father of algebra", which was named after a part of the title of his book, Hisab al-jabr w'al-muqabala, along with the algorism number system
- d merchant- entrpreneurial class which acquired enormous wealth
- e The Muqaddimah English: Ibn Khaldun's Introduction, also known as the Muqaddimah of Ibn Khaldun or the Prolegomena is a book written by the Maghrebian Muslim historian Ibn Khaldun in 1377 which records an early view of universal history. Some modern thinkers view it as the first work dealing with the philosophy of history or the social science of sociology demography, historiography or cultural history. and economics, The Muqaddimah also deals with Islamic theology, political theory and the natural sciences of biology and chemistry. Ibn Khaldun wrote the work in 1377 as the preface or first book of his planned world history, the Kitab al-Ibar but already in his lifetime it became regarded as an independent work.
5 Multiple choice questions
- process of social and economic change caused by removal of industry
- Attractions that draw migrants to a certain place, such as a pleasant climate and employment or educational opportunities.
- The process of buying a good in one market at a low price and selling it in another market at a higher price
- slave based industries and slave trade were crucial casual forces in british and french industrializations
- Rationalists. believed that human reason is more reliable than tradition.Originated in the 8th century in Basra (Iraq) when Wasil ibn Ata. left the teaching lessons of Hasan al-Basri after a theological dispute.
5 True/False questions
coalbrookdale → The process of buying a good in one market at a low price and selling it in another market at a higher price
what was the primary goal of all individual europeans and groups who came to the americas after 1492: → to make as much money as possible and get rich quick
ijtihad → Human interpretation or independent reasoning in Islamic law
what was the main reason for the rapid collapse of the great civilizations of the Incas and Aztecs in the americas soon after the arrival of Spanish conquistadors? → different parts of the world were in approximately the same level of capitalist development in 1492. what made europe surge ahead was the enormous wealth is acquired from the americas, the slave plantations and slave trade.
wu-wei → city in Peru that was one of the great mining centers in the sixteenth century New World. The Spanish crown was particularly interested in mining because it received one-fifth of all mining revenues