5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the very first white owned slave plantations worked by africans was set up in the americas in
- Quantity Theory of Money
- a brazil in the 16th century growing sugar
- b Ibn Khaldun synthesized world history in an Islamic view Called "Muqaddimah" Means introduction. Reflections that advance into the area of theory. Said that cities were held together by the differences of each city. Division of labor. Also villages exist by simplicity where people are the same and depend on each other. Cities need villages and villages need cities.Third kind of people. Live in the desert. Bedouins - means desert nomad Despised by everyone - savages
- c "Non-action," "not doing," or "inaction"; the Taoist form of action, meaning to do nothing in such a way that all things are accomplished and the world is brought into subjection to the Tao.
- d Rationalists. believed that human reason is more reliable than tradition.Originated in the 8th century in Basra (Iraq) when Wasil ibn Ata. left the teaching lessons of Hasan al-Basri after a theological dispute.
- e P= MV/Q A theory asserting that the quantity of money available determines the price level and that the growth rate in the quantity of money available determines the inflation rate.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Persian scientist, mathematician, astronomer/astrologer, and author. He is often cited as "the father of algebra", which was named after a part of the title of his book, Hisab al-jabr w'al-muqabala, along with the algorism number system
- Human interpretation or independent reasoning in Islamic law
- (1924-96) The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, development of scientific disciplines is discontinuous, and at critical junctures mass changes occurred/paradigm view
- 13th century Syrian Arab from Damascus
pioneered sci fi, from Syria; Arab physician who propsed the making of encyclopedia and medical writings and science fiction;
- Source of gold, iron ore, coal (Southwestern Brazil) , The most important of the Portuguese trade forts was this in the heart of the gold-producing region.
5 True/False questions
which class came to dominate european society after 1492 → inflation supply gos up, price goes down value of the coin goes down, Caused by the importation of silver and gold into the European economy
treaty of tordesillas → a 1494 agreement between Portugal and Spain, declaring that newly discovered lands to the west of an imaginary line in the Atlantic Ocean would belong to Spain and newly discovered lands to the east of the line would belong to Portugal.
pull factor → Rationalists. believed that human reason is more reliable than tradition.Originated in the 8th century in Basra (Iraq) when Wasil ibn Ata. left the teaching lessons of Hasan al-Basri after a theological dispute.
arthshastra → Famous classical mathematician, wrote a book that summarized Hindu mathematics, discovered pi, calculated the length of the solar system, and the circumference of the earth during India's Classical Era.
ibn al-haytham → muslim mathematician who produced a book called Optics which revolutionized ideas about vision. he showed that people see objects because rays pass from the objects to the eyes, not vice versa