← world history 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- which class came to dominate european society after 1492
- what specific advantage did the europeans have over non-europeans in arriving at the americas first?
- a locational advantage of being closest to the americas geographically
- b steel characterised by pattern of bands or sheets
- c establishing something (e.g. gold or silver) as the legal tender of a country
- d An economic theory that government should not regulate or interfere with commerce
- e merchant- entrpreneurial class which acquired enormous wealth
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "Non-action," "not doing," or "inaction"; the Taoist form of action, meaning to do nothing in such a way that all things are accomplished and the world is brought into subjection to the Tao.
- village in the Ironbridge Gorge in Shropshire, England, containing a settlement of great significance in the history of iron ore smelting as this is where iron-ore was first smelted by Abraham Darby using easily mined "coking coal" The coal was drawn from "drift mines" in the sides of the valley
- The doctrine that land and its products are the only true wealth.
- exploitation of resources, capital, labor, and land outside europe to enrich the merchant class of europe who eventually took control of the society
- P= MV/Q A theory asserting that the quantity of money available determines the price level and that the growth rate in the quantity of money available determines the inflation rate.
5 True/False Questions
what was the primary goal of all individual europeans and groups who came to the americas after 1492: → to make as much money as possible and get rich quick
aryabhatta → Chanakya
Muqaddimah → Ibn Khaldun synthesized world history in an Islamic view Called "Muqaddimah" Means introduction. Reflections that advance into the area of theory. Said that cities were held together by the differences of each city. Division of labor. Also villages exist by simplicity where people are the same and depend on each other. Cities need villages and villages need cities.Third kind of people. Live in the desert. Bedouins - means desert nomad Despised by everyone - savages
ibn al-shatir → 13th century Syrian Arab from Damascus
pioneered sci fi, from Syria; Arab physician who propsed the making of encyclopedia and medical writings and science fiction;
ibn rushd → created the first astrolabic clock that helped you tell time from the shadows. was an astronomer-Cairo