5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Implicit Instruction
- derivational morphemes
- a had theories on BICS and CALP
- b Non-English Proficient
- c affixes that can be added to a morpheme to change its meaning and may change its part of speech
- d wide reading is how most new words are acquired
- e Taught in native language. Focus on memorizing vocabulary translating literature passages.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- To learn at an accelerated pace for everyday communication. Immersion.
- technical vocabulary associated with a special activity
- the study of words and their internal organization
- Use of acting out, games, and skill- kinesthetic
- two consonants pronounced a a single sound (ch, sh, th, wh)
5 True/False Questions
CALP → Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency
NES → Non-English Proficient
semantics → the study of word meanings, idioms, and non-literal expressions
The Silent Way → Students take responsibility for their own learning. Teacher is silent most of the time. Speaks to give clues, not model language.
number agreement → using singular/plural form of nouns correctly