5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- False Cognates
- The Silent Way
- Multiple Exposures
- Direct Method
- a larger units of language used in particular context
- b words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
- c to vocabulary is critical
- d Students take responsibility for their own learning. Teacher is silent most of the time. Speaks to give clues, not model language.
- e Students listen to dialogue, then answer a series of questions, visual aids & pantomime used
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Limited formal schooling
- input should be slightly beyond students' current level (i+1) for acquisition to occur; pictures, gestures, tone of voice help make input comprehensible; frequently use key vocabulary words.
- social language, academic language, sociocultural knowledge
- used to relate to another noun in the sentence
- stand in place for a person, thing that must be pointed to (That car is the one I want)
5 True/False Questions
ESOL → English Language Learner
Title VI- Civil Rights Act 1964 → no person b/c of race, color, or national origin shall be excluded from participation nor denied benefits, or otherwise subject to discrimination if program receives federal funds.
Lao v. Nichols → the words and meanings in a language
Title VI → requires Ell's to receive equal numbers of textbooks and other resources as their English speaking peers
passive voice → when the subject performs action in the sentence (John carried the papers to the desk)