5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- sense of place
- stimulus diffusion
- culture trait
- a The fourth theme of Geography as defined by the GENIP; uniqueness of a location.
- b a form of diffusion in which a cultural adaptation is created as a result of the introduction of a cultural trait from another place
- c A single element of normal practice in a culture, such as the wearing of a turban.
- d state of mind derived through the infusion of a place with meaning and emotion by remembering important events that occurred in that place or by labeling a place with a certain character.
- e measurement of space between two places
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The fifth theme of Geography as defined by the GENIP; the mobility of people, goods and ideas across the surface of the planet.
- pertaining to space on the Earth's surface; sometimes used as a synonym for geographic.
- One of the two major divisions of Geography; the spatial analysis of human population, its cultures, activities, and landscapes.
- The distance-controlled spreading of an idea, innovation, or some other item through a local population by contact from person to person - analogous to the communication of a contagious illness.
- method of collecting data or information through the use of instruments (e.g., satellites) that are physically distant from the area or object of study.
5 True/False Questions
cultural landscape → The visible imprint of human activity and ______ on the ________. The layers of buildings, forms, and artifacts sequnetially imprinted on the ______ by the activities of various human occupants.
epidemic → An outbreak of a disease that spreads worldwide.
absolute location → The position of place of a certian item on the surface of the Earth as expresed in degrees, minutes, and seconds of latitude, 0° to 90° north or south of the equator, and longitude, 0° to 180° east or west of the Prime Meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
functional region → a region defined by the particular set of activities or interactions that occur within it
pandemic → An outbreak of a disease that spreads worldwide.