5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- cultural hearth
- perceptual region
- stimulus diffusion
- remote sensing
- a A region that only exists as a conceptualization or an idea and not as a physically demarcated entity.
- b a form of diffusion in which a cultural adaptation is created as a result of the introduction of a cultural trait from another place
- c method of collecting data or information through the use of instruments (e.g., satellites) that are physically distant from the area or object of study.
- d a hunt for a cache, the GPS coordinates which are placed on the Internet by other geocachers
- e Heartland, source area, innovation center; place of origin of a major culture.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The declining degree of acceptance of an idea or innovation with increasing time and distance from its point of origin or source.
- physical location of geographic phenomena across space
- The view that the natural environment has a controlling influence over various aspects of human life, including cultural development.
- The position of place of a certian item on the surface of the Earth as expresed in degrees, minutes, and seconds of latitude, 0° to 90° north or south of the equator, and longitude, 0° to 180° east or west of the Prime Meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
- observing variations in geographic phenomena across space
5 True/False Questions
reference maps → A general map depicting a certain piece of info. such as precipitation.
relocation diffusion → Sequential diffusion process in which the items being diffused are transmitted by their carrier agents as they evacuate the old areas and relocate to new ones.
functional region → A type of region marked by a certain degree of homogeneity in one or more phenomena; also called uniform region or homogeneous region.
pandemic → Regional outbreak of a disease.
culture → the design of spatial distribution