5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- relocation diffusion
- expansion diffusion
- contagious diffusion
- a The distance-controlled spreading of an idea, innovation, or some other item through a local population by contact from person to person - analogous to the communication of a contagious illness.
- b the spread of an innovation or an idea through a population and the numbers of those influenced rapidly increase
- c Sequential diffusion process in which the items being diffused are transmitted by their carrier agents as they evacuate the old areas and relocate to new ones.
- d The degree of ease with which it is possible to reach a certian location from other locations. ________ varies from place to place and can be measured.
- e Regional outbreak of a disease.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The sum total of the knowledge, attitudes, and habitual behavior patterns shared and transmitted by the members of a society.
- 3rd theme of geography as defined by the geography educational national implementation project; an area on the Earth's surface marked by a degree of formal, functional, or perceptual homogeneity of some phenomenon
- One of the two major divisions of systematic geography; the spatial analysis of the structure, processes, and location of Earth's natural phenomena such as climate, soil, plants, animals, and topography.
- A logical attempt to explain the ______ional pattern of the economic activity and the manner in which its producing areas are interrelated. The agricultural _____ _______ contained in the von Thünen model is a leading example.
- the notion that successive societies leave their cultural imprints on a place, each contributing to the cumulative cultural landscape
5 True/False questions
spatial distribution → Both Complementarity ( A condition that exists when two regions, through an exchange of raw materials and/ or finished products, can specifically satisfy each other's demands) and Intervening Opportunity (The presence of a nearer opportunity that greatly diminishes the attractiveness of sites farther away).
place → the design of spatial distribution
relative location → 1st theme, the geographical position of people & things on the Earths surface affects what happens & why
cultural complex → Heartland, source area, innovation center; place of origin of a major culture.
pattern → the design of spatial distribution