5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- middle passage
- Hernando Cortés
- Prince Henry
- Vasco da Gama
- a Portuguese supporter of exploration. founded navigational school, sought wealth outside Europe.
- b voyage that brought captured Africans to West Indies, North and South America. middle leg of transatlantic trade triangle.
- c country's power dependent mainly on wealth. allowed nations to build strong navies, purchase vital goods. obtain as much gold and silver as possible or establish favorable balance of trade
- d landed in Mexico, looked to claim land for Spain. overtook Aztec empire.
- e reached India. amazed by spices, rare skills, precious gems. gave Portugal a direct sea route to India.
5 Multiple choice questions
- first Ming emperor. encouraged return to Confucian moral standards. restored merit-based civil service exam system. later became ruthless tyrant.
- early portuguese explorer. hoped to obtain popular goods from Asia, Christianize.
- lands that are controlled by another nation.
- lived in Manchuria. invaded China, Ming Dynasty collapsed. began Qing Dynasty. expanded empire's borders.
- manufactured goods go to Africa, goods exchanged for slaves, slaves transported to West Indies, sold to Americas
5 True/False questions
Atahualpa → Incan ruler. forces crushed. kidnapped and strangled after converting to Christianity.
conquistador → economic system based on private ownership and the investment of resources. profits from exploration allowed for reinvestments in other areas. lead to inflation in Europe.
columbian exchange → lived in Manchuria. invaded China, Ming Dynasty collapsed. began Qing Dynasty. expanded empire's borders.
Treaty of Tordesillas → landed in Mexico, looked to claim land for Spain. overtook Aztec empire.
Christopher Columbus → early portuguese explorer. hoped to obtain popular goods from Asia, Christianize.