5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- favorable balance of trade
- Vasco da Gama
- atlantic slave trade
- a economic system based on private ownership and the investment of resources. profits from exploration allowed for reinvestments in other areas. lead to inflation in Europe.
- b buying and selling of Africans for work in the Americas. became massive enterprise. many African rulers participated.
- c country sells more goods than it buys. ultimate goal to become self-sufficient, not dependent on other countries for goods. colonies played role of supplier and provided a market.
- d Incan ruler. forces crushed. kidnapped and strangled after converting to Christianity.
- e reached India. amazed by spices, rare skills, precious gems. gave Portugal a direct sea route to India.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- emperor of Qing Dynasty. enjoyed company of Jesuits at court.
- power struggle after his father, Hongwu's death. moved royal court to Beijing. launched treasure ship voyages to impress world with splendor and power of Ming China.
- sea captain made voyage from Spain in 1492. discovered island with Taino people on it. discovered new world.
- voyage that brought captured Africans to West Indies, North and South America. middle leg of transatlantic trade triangle.
- conquistador who marched into South America and conquered Inca. tricked and killed Incan ruler Atahualpa and took ransom.
5 True/False Questions
Mestizo → power struggle after his father, Hongwu's death. moved royal court to Beijing. launched treasure ship voyages to impress world with splendor and power of Ming China.
Hernando Cortés → landed in Mexico, looked to claim land for Spain. overtook Aztec empire.
Zheng He → Chinese-Muslim admiral. led all 7 treasure ship voyages. distributed gifts, gained tribute countries.
Ming Dynasty → drove out Mongol rulers. China became dominant power in Asia. had many vassal states that paid tribute.
colony → lands that are controlled by another nation.