Science Quiz on Wetlands and Stuff in that Category
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Name two ways a well could dry up
- What is headwaters?
- What are three human activities that threaten the Everglades?
- What is a meander?
- a Agriculture, development, and the introduction of new species
- b It has cattails, rushes, and other tall grass like plants
- c Looping curves in a river
- d The beginning of the water system
- e Drought, or the water table moves
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- It has tall, strong grasses and a rich, muddy bottom
- an underground layer of permeable rock or sediment that holds water
- It has short trees with a thick tangle of roots
- Where the river flows into another body of water
5 True/False Questions
What happens in an artesian well? → The water rises because of pressure in the aquifer
What is a water system? → A river and all its tributaries
Bogs → It has acidic water and mosses
Name two types of permeable materials → Solid rock and Clay
Impermeable layer → when water can't move through