← Advanced #10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a sour; severe; acid in temper, mood, or tone; Although she was smiling, her ________ tone of voice made us all uncomfortable.
- b to accept; to agree; After the long discussion, they decided to ________ rather than to continue the argument.
- c harshly pungent, bitter; The ________ smoke filled the firemen's lungs.
- d to step down from a high position; He will be forced to ________ his throne if he is proven guilty.
- e to forgive or free from blame; She was ________ for killing the King.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to reduce; After the rain ________ , we saw a rainbow.
- hopeless; defeated; Some people live in ________ poverty.
- bottomless; She couldn't tolerate the ________ situation any longer.
- honor; He received ________ every time he appeared in public.
- unlimited, ruled by no one or nothing else; He ruled with ________ authority.
5 True/False Questions
abortive → to forgive or free from blame; She was ________ for killing the King.
accosted → to speak to someone aggressively; He ________ her in the dark alley and took her purse.
abstinent → theoretical; I think that ________ art is just a lot of splattered paint that brings out the imagination in a person.
abridged → to shorten; to condense; Because I have so little time, I usually read the ________ version of the new novels.
abstract → hard to understand; His ________ lectures were difficult to follow.