← Grass Morphology Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- found on wind pollinated plants to trap pollen
- bottom part- top is lemma- that is in the spikelet and contain the anther, ect.
- a monocotyledonous flowering plant, only one seed leaf; flowers have 3 or multiples of 3 petals; vascular tissue in stems present in bunches; long slender leaves with parallel veins
- 1. Bristle-like appendage or elongation, generally at the tip of a larger structure. 2. Stiff, needle-like pappus element in Asteraceae.
- an earlike projection on the base of a leaf or petal
- the broad, expanded part of a leaf; the lamina
6 True/False Questions
lodicule → A membranous or hairy structure on the inside of a leaf at the junction of the leaf blade and sheath
lemma → the hollow or pithy jointed stem or stalk of a grass, sedge or rush
culm → the hollow or pithy jointed stem or stalk of a grass, sedge or rush
peduncle → A membranous or hairy structure on the inside of a leaf at the junction of the leaf blade and sheath
glume → The tough seed cover of many cereal kernels
rachilla → extending from the base of the palea; short stem like structure attaching the seed to the inflorescence. The axis of a pinnate leaflet.