5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- social nature
- food manufacturing
- The Montreal Protocol
- environmental refugees
- a The invention and re-invention of nature as a socially constructed concept. This concept highlights the fact that our understandings of nature are socially constructed.
- b a potential treatment to the decline in birth rates which occur as a country develops can be neutralized by an influx of immigrants.
(simply prolongs the problem)
- c those who are forced to move to another country or region because their current habitat has become dilapidated.
- d it was established that countries would phase out the usage of all CFCs by 2010.
- e Adding value to agricultural products through a range of treatments such as canning, refining, packing, and packaging that occur off the farm and before the products reach the market
(this disrupts natural seasonal patterns)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The spread of desert-like conditions in arid lands resulting from climatic change or human influences
- The number of deaths in a single year for ever thousand people in the population
- an indicator of social development
- A demographic structure with more men or elderly will usually have a higher rate
- The idea that when Columbus discovered the Americas and initiated the impact of Europeans on the discovered land, there was a major global change occurring. Essentially, how the immigrants affected the ecosystems of the Americas.
- Farming for direct consumption of the producer
NOT FOR SALE
- Usually found in areas of the world with high populations such as Asia; India and China namely
5 True/False Questions
increased economic productivity → (1997)
Addressed the problems of global climate change and the release of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere
administrative record linkage → The linking together of a number of different government databases to build one database with much more detailed information on each individual
gross migration → The total number of migrants moving into and out of a place, region, or country
total fertility rate → The average number of children a woman will have throughout her childbearing years (15-49)
age-sex pyramid → The total number of migrants moving into and out of a place, region, or country