← Exam 3 TERMS Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- brand development index (BDI)
- recency planning
- effective frequency
- audience objectives
- a total number of people or households exposed to a medium
- b defines the specific types of people the advertiser wants to reach
- c indicates the sales potential of a particular brand in a specific market area
- d the average number of times a person must see or hear a message before it becomes effective
- e based on "the sensible idea that most advertising works by influencing the brand choice of consumers who are ready to buy"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- households with tv sets
- total number of different households or people exposed at least once to an ad or campaign during a given time period (usually four weeks).
- total effect is greater than the sum of its parts
- markets, money, media, mechanics, and methodology
- indicates the incremental response to advertising actually diminishes, rather than builds, with repeated exposures
5 True/False Questions
gross rating points (GRP) → you find this by dividing the cost by the rating points
mechanics → total number of different households or people exposed at least once to an ad or campaign during a given time period (usually four weeks).
media vehicles → particular magazines or shows- according to how well they "deliver" or expose the message to the media audience that most closely resembles the desired target consumer
cost per thousand (CPM) → common term used in media planning and buying
flighting → one way to stretch a slim budget, floods airways all at once for a short amount of time