5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Shaw v. Reno
- seniority principle
- Speaker of the House
- discharge petition
- a continuous service on a committee or body leads to greater opportunities within
- b The inhabitants or voters in a district represented in a legislative body.
- c a device by which any member of the House, after a committee has had the bill for thirty days, may petition to have it brought to the floor
- d NO racial gerrymandering; race cannot be the sole or predominant factor in redrawing legislative boundaries; majority-minority districts.
- e the leader of the majority party who serves as the presiding officer of the House of Representatives
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a writ ordering a prisoner to be brought before a judge
- act of exchanging favors for mutual gain
- give or assign a share of money or time to a particular person or cause
5 True/False Questions
Senate Judiciary → 1
closed/open rule → a rule for limiting or ending debate in a deliberative body
Majority/Minority Whip → see how people plan to vote, convince members to vote with the party, makes sure voters are present when its time to vote
Wayes and Means Committee → 1
Majority/Minority Leader → Responsible for assigning bills to committee in the Senate.