5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Voting Rights Acts 1965
- term limits
- select committees
- service strategy
- Wayes and Means Committee
- a Federal law that increased government supervision of local election practices, suspended the use of literacy tests to prevent people (usually African Americans) from voting, and expanded government efforts to register voters. The Voting Rights Act of 1970 permanently banned literacy tests.
- b a policy providing poor people with education and job training to help lift them out of poverty.
- c 1
- d laws that limit the number of terms elected officials can serve
- e congressional committees appointed for a limited time and purpose
5 Multiple choice questions
- The redrawing of congressional and other legislative district lines following the census, to accommodate population shifts and keep districts as equal as possible in population
- see how people plan to vote, convince members to vote with the party, makes sure voters are present when its time to vote
- a writ ordering a prisoner to be brought before a judge
- a tactic for delaying or obstructing legislation by making long speeches
5 True/False questions
subcommittees → divisions of existing committees formed to address specific issues
standing committees → committees on which both senators and representatives serve
Speaker of the House → NO racial gerrymandering; race cannot be the sole or predominant factor in redrawing legislative boundaries; majority-minority districts.
cloture → give or assign a share of money or time to a particular person or cause
pork barrel project → Direct election of senators