5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- seniority principle
- Reynolds v. Sims
- Congressional Reelection Committee
- term limits
- a continuous service on a committee or body leads to greater opportunities within
- b laws that limit the number of terms elected officials can serve
- c 1
- d The redrawing of congressional and other legislative district lines following the census, to accommodate population shifts and keep districts as equal as possible in population
- e 14th amendment requires state legislative districts reflect fair "one person, one vote" rule
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the policy area and bills that a legislative committee has the responsibility to consider in its deliberations
- The inhabitants or voters in a district represented in a legislative body.
- Responsible for assigning bills to committee in the Senate.
- government project grant that primarily benefits the home district or state
- An institution unique to the House of Representatives that reviews all bills (except revenue, budget, and appropriations bills) coming from a House committee before they go to the full House.
5 True/False Questions
Senate Judiciary → 1
filibuster → a rule for limiting or ending debate in a deliberative body
bill of attainder → a legislative act finding a person guilty of treason or felony without a trial
Senate Foreign Affairs → 1
c-span → Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network