5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sola Scriptura
- episcopal structure
- I. Kant
- a an organizational hierarchy in which bishops rule over the church (Peterson 255).
- b the sole source of authority for the faith
- c moral consciousness without the need for miracles; you are supposed to use what you have
- d had an average weekly attendance of 2,000 or more, most have a very conservative theology (Peterson 332).
- e anabaptist movement; adult baptism; separation of Church and Sate; community of goods
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- people/a person chosen or predestined by God for salvation before the universe was created
- ultimate reality of God
- the name the Puritan church took in America (Peterson 317).
- 20th century movement that insists the Gospel must be expressed in social ethics (Peterson 327).
- situation in which there are many different people with many competing faiths and ideas (Peterson 328).
5 True/False Questions
Hus → a combination of Enlightenment philosophies and religious impulses; created religious toleration but created a laxity
Inquisition → the total rejection of the ability to understand any ultimate truth
creationism → suggests there are no truths that are correct in all times and situations (Peterson 274).
dispensations → more than one half of a population live in urban areas in the 19th century
Neo-orthodoxy → unorthodox, those outside the orthodox faith