← TOG Y4 Wk 20 Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- a book with Mao Zedong's polical views.
- A Chinese system of physical exercises designed especially for self-defense and meditation
- Any of various Chinese martial arts, especially those forms in which sharp blows and kicks are applied to pressure points on the body of an opponent.
- Chinese revolutionary, political theorist and Communist leader commonly known as Chairman Mao. He founded and led the People's Republic of China (PRC) from its 1949 to 1976, instituting such disastrous policies as the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution.
- Communist China under the rule of Mao Zedong
- the official language of China
6 True/False Questions
Sun Yat-sen → Chinese revolutionary and political leader, and the foremost pioneer of the Republic of China, which overthrew the Qing Dynasty in October 1911. He co-founded the Kuomintang (KMT) and served as its first leader, and devised the political philosophy of the Three Principles of the People.
Beijing → A member of a people inhabiting the mountainous regions of southern China and adjacent areas of Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand.
Yuan Shikai → Chinese general who assisted Sun Yat-sen in overthrowing the Qing dynasty. He served as the President of the People's Republic of China from 1912-1916, briefly attempting to seize power from the Kuomintang and establish himself as the Great Emperor of a new Chinese Empire.
CCP (Chinese Communist Party) → a guerilla fighting force organized by Mao Zedong.
Long March → an epic 6,000 mile trek north by Mao's army after a year of siege by the KMT. It fueled a "cult of Mao" among peasants, establishing him as a prophet/savior and a leader of a sacred union of survivors.
Hunan Report → Chinese revolutionary, political theorist and Communist leader commonly known as Chairman Mao. He founded and led the People's Republic of China (PRC) from its 1949 to 1976, instituting such disastrous policies as the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution.