5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- density-dependent factor
- Limnetic zone
- a protein that speeds up a biological reaction by lowering the activation energy needed to start the reaction.
- b Area with low rainfall, whose annual rate of evaporation exceeds its annual rate of precipitation; can support cacti and some grasses and animal species (snakes & lizards).
- c environmental factor (predation, disease, competition, etc...) that depends on the number of members in a population per unit area
- d Well-lit, open-water area of a lake or pond.
- e mixture that can react with an acid or a base to maintain the pH within a specific range.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- one of two paired chromosomes, one from each parent, that carries genes for a specific trait at the same location
- Stable, mature ecological community with little change in the composition of species.
- production of offspring
- in a controlled experiement, the group receiving the factor being tested
- interaction between alleles in which one allele hides the effects of another allele
5 True/False Questions
fluid mosaic model → a plasma membrane with components constantly in motion, sliding past one another within the lipid bilayer
autosome → chromosome that is not a sex chromosome
activation energy → number of organisms per unit of living area
overexploitation → act of one organism feeding on another organism
prokaryotic cell → complex inheritance pattern that occurs when neither allele is dominant and both alleles are expressed