5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Viruses, bacteria or parasites
- The undifferentiated and actively dividing cells occupy the entire epithelium
- Increased cell proliferation increasing the probability of tumor progression.
- 1. Cells that make up the supporting connective tissue (fibroblast cells)
2. Inflammatory white blood cells, and
3. Vascular epithelial cells
- Epithelial based cancers (carcinomas)
- a Tumorigenesis requires the assistance of other cell types. What are they?
- b Tumor promoters induce a inflammatory response which results in what? Increasing the probability of what?
- c 15% of cancers have been linked to what?
- d What are the most prevalent cancers?
Why is panel C considered a high-grade neoplasia?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Except for tobacco use, has a clear link between an environmental factor and the establishment of cancer been fully established?
- What plays a role in the incidence of cancer that has evidence that supports it?
- What are two types of benign Cancers?
- What is a benign cancer of the epithelial cell with a glandular organization?
- An increase in cell division gives rise to an increased chance that one of these cells will undergo an additional mutagenic or epigenetic change further promoting the progression towards what?
5 True/False Questions
The rate of cell division or apoptosis → What gives rise to malignant cancer?
Heterochromatin → The inherited pattern of DNA methylation reinforces gene silencing events established by the packaging of DNA into what?
Cancer → What is a heritable trait that involves changes in genetic material?
Oxygen becomes limiting and hypoxia kicks in → Agents identified as cancer causing agents include what?
A young individual would be just as likely to get cancer as an older one (onset independent of age) → The inherent limitations on the accuracy of DNA replication and repair will generate what?