5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The invasion of tumor cells into other tissue
- Cancerous cells
- 1. Epithelial cells are continue to proliferate in adults
2. Epithelial cells are exposed most often to physical and chemical damaging agents
3. A combination of 1 and 2
- a The high cancer rate in epithelial cells is likely due to what?
- b Cytochrome P450 converts toxins into harmless and easily secreted compounds. However, modification by P450 may generate a product that is extremely what?
- c What is the defining property of metastasis?
- d What enzyme complex is responsible for maintaining the ends of chromosomes?
- e What kind of cells are able to escape the limitations placed on cell proliferation?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What are some factors that govern the development of cancer?
- Cytochrome P450 converts toxins into what?
- What is the process of forming new blood vessels?
- Cancer is clonal in nature but cancer does not arise from what?
- Alterations in what can result in tumor formation?
5 True/False Questions
Viruses, bacteria or parasites → Most proliferating cells are deficient in what activity?
Mutations that inactivate cell cycle checkpoints → Continued cell division with unrepaired and/or missegregated DNA is due to the acquisition of what? That inactivate what?
No → At the time of detection, how long have cancer cells been growing?
DNA repair, cell signaling, cell cycle, apoptosis and tissue architecture → Adducts formed by P450 mediated aflatoxin induce what? Block what?
Genetic and epigenetic changes → What two cancers have been linked to increased tobacco use?