5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Arms Race
- Khrushchev's Ultimatum
- Latin America
- Missile Gap
- a On November 27, 1958, Khrushchev stated that if the occupying armies (Great Britian, France, and the US) did not withdraw from West Berlin within six months, access through East Germany to the city would be closed off. The Geneva talks that began on May 11 halted action on the ultimatum. Caused the world to question Khrushchev's authority.
- b Intercontinental ballistic missiles. Nuclear warhead which could be shot from the ground and accuratly hit targets thousands of miles away.
- c A progression of military weapons on both sides as one side tryed to best the other, and gain greater military superiority.
- d Statement made by Kennedy that the US had fallen behind the Soviet Union in Nuclear weapons production. perceived Soviet superiority in ICBMs due to exaggerated estimates
- e Considered to be part of the developing world in some nations, the US saw these countries to be part of their sphere of influence and would not stand for communist or nationalist revolutions in the areas.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- November 1957. An evaluation of US offensive and defensive Nuclear measures made to Eisenhower, calling for an increase of both offensive nuclear means and defensive nuclear ordinances and shelters to protect the civilian population.
- An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
- Connected to the Common Market, it was an establishment of European Nations designed to increase trade and lower trade barriers.
- October 1957. First space going satellite created. Russian made, caused greater fear in the US of Russian space superiority.
- Served as Attorney General under JFK, advised during the Cuban Missile crisis.
5 True/False Questions
Monroe Doctrine → An American foreign policy opposing interference in the Western hemisphere from outside powers. No new colonies could be made in the American hemisphere, existing colonies could remain.
Alliance for Progress → A program established by JFK to aid Latin American countries in attempts to make communisim less appealing.
Kennedy → The divided capitol of Germany. A continous issue for both sides throughout the coldwar.
Bay of Pigs → The divided capitol of Germany. A continous issue for both sides throughout the coldwar.
Fidel Castro → Secretary of state under JFK and LBJ.