5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In the ATP-binding pocket of the Abl tyrosine kinase
- 1. Blockage of estrogen receptors (tamoxifen)
2. Down regulation of estrogen synthesis
- a Does a change in the conformation of the tamoxifen-estrogen complex occur?
- b What is a small chemical inhibitor that is used for the treatment o chronic myelogenous leukemia?
- c Treating cells in later stages of chronic myelogenous leukemia is not successful as what quickly develops?
Gleevec sits where?
- e What are two current treatment regimes for breast cancer?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What is a estrogen receptor antagonist, which competes for estrogen receptor binding?
- What does continuous treatment do?
- In normal cells, conformational change in the receptor-ligand complex initiates what?
Chronic myelogenous leukemia is a consequence of a chromosome break and religation between what two genes?
- If cells from a particular tumor have a genetic instability mutation that knocks out the activity of one of the DNA repair pathways, then a drug that targets the remaining DNA repair pathway would kill the cancerous cell by completely knocking out the DNA repair mechanism. How many DNA repair pathways would be inactivated by drug treatment?
5 True/False Questions
Her2 → If cells from a particular tumor have a genetic instability mutation that knocks out the activity of one of the DNA repair pathways, then a drug that targets the remaining DNA repair pathway would kill the cancerous cell by completely knocking out the DNA repair mechanism. Would this drug have any effect on normal cells?
In normal cells, a single-stranded break in DNA will induce what during replication?
Transcriptional activation → What is blocked?
The signal for cellular proliferation → What is not induced?
Hyperactive signaling pathways → The tamoxifen-estrogen receptor complex is unable to interact with what?