← chapter 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- biolotic factor
- tophic level
- a symbiotic relationship in which one organism benefits at the expense of another organism.
- b any living factor in an organism's environment
- c scientific study of all the interrelationships between organisms and their environment.
- d heterotroph that consumes both plants and animals.
- e each step in a food chain or food web
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- heterotroph that eats only plants
- relatively thin layer of Earth and its atmosphere that supports life.
- role, or position, of an organism in its environment
- symbiotic relationship in which one organism benefits and the other organism is neither helped nor harmed.
- simplified model that shows a single path for energy flow through an ecosystem.
5 True/False Questions
biome → large group of ecosystems that share the same climate and have similar types of communities.
carnivore → heterotroph that preys on other heterotrophs
mutualism → symbiotic relationship in which both organisms benefit
Abiotic Factor → any nonliving factor in an organism's environment, such as soil, water, temperature, and light availability
detritivore → heterotroph that eats only plants