← History 14.1 Test
6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- At the age of six, _______________, displayed such talent as a member of the choir in Philadelphia's Union Baptist Church that the church established a trust fund to pay for her professional training? She was the first black American to be a performing member of the Metropolitan Opera?
- When was Jackie Robinson elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame?
- A new form of entertainment, ___________, became popular in the 1950's?
- By 1955, this was a young black minister and he had helped organize both the Montgomery bus boycott and a civil rights campaign that soon spread nationwide? Also gave the famous "I have a dream" speech?
- Congress passed legislation that guaranteed voting, housing, and job rights for ethnic minorities. This legislation became known as the ________________?
5 True/False Questions
civil rights movement → Congress passed legislation that guaranteed voting, housing, and job rights for ethnic minorities. This legislation became known as the ________________?
Hispanic → Just a year after the Supreme Court's important decision, ____________, a black American woman in Montgomery, Alabama, refused to give up her bus seat to a white passenger. This was a violation of the city's segregation laws, and she got arrested.
Puerto Rico → system of producing and distributing goods
Rosa Parks → The fastest growing and possibly the largest minority ethnic group in the US is the Spanish-speaking, or ___________ Americans?
The greatest opera singers of the age → In 1939 Marian Anderson was recognized through out Europe as one of what?