5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what did the CCC do?
- When did the Conservation Movement begin as a formal, well-organized effort (...reconciling conflicting uses for the greatest good of the greatest number over the long run)?
- how do you find densitiy
- what does LAI mean
- what are even aged silvicultural methods
- a clear cut, but save the seed tree ( 5-10) per acre left to cast seeds, shelterwood method, and coppice
- b leaf area index
- c trees/ acres
- d tree planting, firefighting, cnstruction, flood control, eroision control, emergency aid
- e When Pinchot wrote lettes to FDR about implementing conservation idea when FDR was still governor
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1930's when he was governor of NEW YORK
- prevent erosion and hold iverbanks in place; prmote fish health; keeps rivers cold int he summer and warm in the winterless algae and hold more dissolved oxygen
- the dust bowl.....son
- makes the whole area start over and the new trees will have the same age
- forest MGMT enhances diversity n order to foster more species i.e. diversity
5 True/False questions
Who wrote about startignthe conservation movement first → prevent erosion and hold iverbanks in place; prmote fish health; keeps rivers cold int he summer and warm in the winterless algae and hold more dissolved oxygen
what are the silvicultural methods for an uneven aged forest → single tree selection, small group selection(remove 2-5 trees per acre)patch selection(up to 1 acre and 100 trees)
What are the three components of wildlife habitat? → food, water and cover(bury young, hide from predators, hide from severe weather
What were the regional (even national) effects that caused great concern and, ultimately, political action? → the effects were noticed by GPM in europe were the effects of deforestation were underway.
what are the definitions of crown class → dominant, co-dominate, intermediate, suppressed,