5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what does reserve mean
- What were the regional (even national) effects that caused great concern and, ultimately, political action?
- how many workers were there at its peak
- How does fire intensity (e.g., a surface fire traveling into the wind versus a crown fire traveling with the wind up steep mountainsides) influence the character and condition of the forest in the aftermath of the fire?
- When was the earliest known time when people used forests to protect there land
- a 1342 Switzerland
- b find places that people want to keep untouched, no active mGMT(preservation)
- c the effects were noticed by GPM in europe were the effects of deforestation were underway.
- d a crown fire can burn the whole forest while low fies will wipe out low lying trees and blacken the forest floor and allow shrubs to grow afterwards
- e 500,000
5 Multiple choice questions
- tornado, hurricane, large forest fire
- When Pinchot wrote lettes to FDR about implementing conservation idea when FDR was still governor
- the dust bowl.....son
- food, water and cover(bury young, hide from predators, hide from severe weather
5 True/False questions
who was wangari maathai → worked in Minnestoa on lake superoior and boundary waters canoe area. Helped pass the boundary waters act
WHo enlisted in the CCC → Civilian Conservation Corp.
what does LAI mean → leaf area index
what is thinining ? → accelerates the natural process of self thinning a forest would do over time
what is the goal of the shelter wood method → control the understory of vegetation